Our Sensory Room allows an atmosphere of relaxation which is good for emotional wellbeing. It allows our students to develop their senses through the use of lighting, music and objects.It contains a sensory bed, large bubble tube, fibre optic curtain, infinity panel, touch and sound wall and a variety of projection wheels.
Here at Critchill we use our Sensory Room for a variety of uses including:-
- Multisensory storytelling sessions
- A way to support and enhance the curriculum
- Inclusive work with mainstream schools
The benefits of a sensory room are many; these are just some of them:-
- Supports the development of communication
- Enhances sensory skills, hand-eye co-ordination and cause and effect response
- Assists the development of social and emotional skills
- Reduces tension and increases relaxation
- Provides fun and enjoyment
- Improves levels of concentration, alertness, calmness & general awareness
We also have an interactive floor projector. The floor detects and responds to body movement.
The floor projector is suitable for all ages and abilities, seated, standing or lying down.
We can create exciting, unique colourful and rewarding bespoke interactive programmes around a pupil’s specific needs.
The projector is fully mobile so can be used not just in the sensory room but across the whole school.
The sensory room is available to hire at certain times If you would like information about how to hire the Sensory Room, please call us on 01373 464148.